Designed for students who have attended my taxidermy classes, the kit includes:
- premium stainless standard operating scissors (sharp/sharp) 130mm
- premium stainless Halstead mosquito haemostat forceps (straight) 125mm
- premium stainless scalpel handle (size 3)
-premium stainless mosquito haemostat forceps (the cool small ones) 100mm
- ten size 10 scalpel blades
- pack of 12 stainless steel suture needles (half curved triangular)
- 300g Borax
- glass jar for water/dish wash solution, and storage afterwards
The kit comes in a reusable cardboard box filled with insulation wool which can be used to make taxidermy forms.
Note: using second-hand sheets cut down to size is a great replacement for paper towels, just soak then in cold water, wash and dry them, and they're ready to go for the next project. All soft plastic packaging of scissors, haemostats, scalpel blade holder and needles can be recycled in the soft plastic bins at Countdown supermarkets.